Set Up a Business for Sale of Motor Vehicles in Russia
Set Up a Business for Sale of Motor Vehicles in RussiaUpdated on Saturday 15th December 2018
based on 1 reviews
Foreign investors who want to start a business in the automotive industry in Russia have various options. Among these, setting up a company for the sale of motor vehicles can be a very good idea, Russia is one of the most populated countries in the world and many people use cars for a daily commute.
The establishment of a business for the sale of motor vehicles must respect a few conditions imposed by the government in Russia. Our lawyers in Russia have prepared a small guide with the basic requirements for creating such business in this country.
Registering an auto vehicles sales business in Russia
Starting a business for the sale of various type of auto vehicles implies creating a medium or large-sized company in Russia. For this purpose, our Russian lawyers recommend foreign investors to register limited liability companies or to set up joint ventures with local dealers in order to ease their entrance on the market.
We can help with the registration procedure of the company selling motor vehicles in Russia.
Requirements for Russian companies selling motor vehicles
The sale of motor vehicles in Russia must comply with several international and local regulations. Among these are:
- - the federal legislation which provides for vehicles which comply with the road safety requirements;
- - the local and international conventions which provide for the protection of the environment;
- - the local legislation which provides for the protection of the consumers’ rights;
- - the import/export regulations related to the sale of imported, respectively local motor vehicles.
You can rely on our law firm in Russia for information on the laws related to selling motor vehicles here.
Types of motor vehicle sales businesses in Russia
One of the advantages of opening a business for the sale of motor vehicles in Russia is the variety of products which can be offered on this market. Among these are:
- - new or second-hand cars (the latter type must comply with certain requirements);
- - trucks, TIR vehicles and other types of transport equipment for goods;
- - motorbikes and luxury cars for wealthy categories of Russian buyers;
- - buses and other types of vehicles used for the transport of passengers.
For assistance in opening a company for the sale of motor vehicles in Russia, please contact our local lawyers.