Russian Golden Visa was launched at the beginning of 2023, and is a proper way to align with various countries that offer citizenship in exchange for a certain investment. According to the latest information, citizenship by investment in Russia aims to attract quality foreign investors, among which, investors from India.
Find out in this article what Russian citizenship by investment
entails and what international players interested in expanding their portfolios in Russia should consider in exchange for major benefits. We remind you that immigration issues can be successfully solved by our lawyers in Russia
| Quick Facts || |
| Nationalities accepted (EU/Non-EU) || |
Yes, both accepted
Business investment option
| Yes |
Real estate investment option
| Other investment options (if available) || No |
| Residence or direct citizenship option || |
| Direct immigration with family members || |
| Family members allowed to join the program || |
| Timeframe for obtaining citizenship/residency by investment || |
Not established yet
| Dual citizenship permitted || |
Only if a treaty between Russia and the foreign country of the respective citizen is recognized
| Reasons to choose Russia || |
- great business conditions,
- an active market,
- developed economy
| Visa free travel to other countries (approx. number of countries) || |
Golden Visa application conditions in Russia
Citizenship by investment in Russia is a program designed to attract foreigners who want to grow their business in this country and receive Russian citizenship in return. Although the authorities continue to work out the final details, this program has every chance of being introduced in 2022, in order to stimulate the economy and attract quality human capital, among other things. Thus, Russia will align itself with countries such as Malta, Cyprus, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland, as Russian business visa is already at the disposal of those interested.
But let's take a look at some of the eligibility criteria proposed by the Russian authorities for foreigners that they want to apply for citizenship by investment in Russia or Russian Golden Visa:
- One of the conditions is that foreigners invest in real estate around USD 480,000 to access the Golden Visa program.
- Opening a company with an investment of at least USD 135,000 is another option, with the mention that the company must hire at least 10 local workers.
- Investing approximately USD 200,000 in a Russian company is another option to access citizenship by investment in Russia.
- Buying government bonds worth about USD 400,000 can be an alternative for foreign investors. However, this option may be removed from the scheme.
So, these are some of the options available to foreign investors interested in Russian citizenship by investment
, or Russian Golden Visa. Until it is all official, you can turn your attention to other possibilities for business development in Russia, by establishing a branch or a subsidiary
, for example. In addition, you can benefit from the legal advice provided by our immigration lawyers in Russia
who can handle the paperwork for businesses in Russia
. We can tell you more about the Russian business visa fees
Application for citizenship by investment in Russia and for the family
Another important aspect to consider for those interested in citizenship by investment in Russia is the application for family members. Investors who qualify for Golden Visa in Russia can also apply for wife, children, their spouses, parents, grandparents, and grandchildren. It can be said that citizenship by investment in Russia can involve up to 5 generations of families.
Would you like information about Russian investor visa
? Our attorneys in Russia
can provide you with information on this topic and can offer support from a legal point of view for those interested. We can also explain the steps on how to immigrate to Russia
When is citizenship gained in Russia?
Once qualified for citizenship by investment in Russia
, investors receive temporary residence permits, and after one year they will receive permanent residence permits in Russia
. Russian citizenship
can be obtained after a certain period spent in Russia, but in this case, not all the details have been established yet. In addition, applicants may need to prove that they have a basic knowledge of the Russian language. You can find out more about citizenship by investment in Russia
from our immigration lawyers in Russia
A business visa in Russia for foreign entrepreneurs
Those interested in doing business in Russia
can apply for a special visa. This is known as a business visa in Russia
, but there are exceptions such as the citizens of South Ossetia and Belarus. In this sense, you must also consider Russian business visa fees
, as well as the following formalities to obtain it:
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the institution that issues the business invitation in the first phase.
- The same ministry provides specific forms related to the visa application.
- A Russian business partner is needed to be able to receive the respective invitation and apply for a business visa in Russia.
- You must prove that you have paid Russian business visa fees.
- Once you receive a business visa in Russia, you have the obligation to register your presence in this country.
We mention that this type of visa can be issued in approximately 10 days, but the period can extend to 20 working days, depending on the complexities and formalities. You have the support of our lawyers at hand for this type of visa but also for the Russian investor visa. Contact us to find out more about how to move to Russia and do business.
What are the requirements for a Russian investor visa?
With the Russian investment visa, foreigners can obtain residency in this country, and then be able to access the Russian Golden Visa and apply for citizenship. But as far as the Russian investor visa is concerned, it can be obtained if you comply with the following conditions:
- Business investment of around USD 600,000 or a business that generates at least USD 171,000 per year.
- The application for the Russian investment visa is made in person at the Federal Migration Agency in Russia. Our lawyers can prepare the documents and explain the whole process.
- It is necessary to present a business plan if this is your decision to obtain a Russian investor visa.
- The medical history of the applicant is required as well as information about the source of the investments.
- It will be necessary to present the birth certificate, as well as the marriage certificate, if applicable.
It is important to know that the process of obtaining this visa can take approximately 6 months, after which the applicants will be informed of the final decision in this regard. Our lawyers in Russia
are at your disposal for complete information about the Russian investment visa
Advantages of Russian citizenship
If you apply for the Russian Golden Visa, you can receive citizenship in this country. Thus, you can have a number of advantages, and among them, we mention:
- Visa-free travel to many countries around the world.
- Having a Russian passport grants voting rights. This is the 48th most powerful in the world.
- Russia is the world's cheapest income tax territory.
- There are no restrictions regarding the field in which you want to be active.
- Dual citizenship is allowed, so there is no need to give up your current citizenship.
- Tax benefits are offered to highly qualified professionals in Russia.
Therefore, if you want to apply for a business visa in Russia or if you are interested in applying for a Russian investor visa, our lawyers are at your disposal with specialized legal advice. Also, we are with you if you want to find out more information about immigration to Russia.
Russia, a top investment destination
is known for efficient and fair businesses, but also the optimal development conditions offered to local and foreign investors. Being the 11th largest economic power in the world, Russia is truly a business destination not to be missed, especially since the country is rich in natural resources and is one of the world's leading natural gas suppliers. Economic stability, experienced and affordable labor and generous incentives are some of Russia's attributes to international investors. Here are some statistics that indicate the economic direction of the country:
- In 2020, about 24% of foreign investment was absorbed by the mining and quarrying sector in Russia. It is followed by manufacturing with 21% of the total.
- The total FDI for Russia in 2020 was about USD 447 billion.
- The 2020 Doing Business report ranked Russia 28th out of 190 world economies in terms of business conditions and climate.